Instructions

Type in your favorite recipe. Add some keywords to the label at the end of your post so we can find it while searching. Use these popular categories: breakfast, lunch, dinner, breads, crockpot, beverages, soup, salad, dessert, appetizer, snack, fun. If you have a picture, add it, if not, no biggie!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Salmon Asparagus Pasta Salad

1 lb. of pasta (I use bowties - large or small - called Farfalle, I think)
1 bunch of asparagus (the thinner the spears, the better)
1 fillet of Salmon - around a pound

dressing: 
3 T mayonnaise
1/2 C sour cream
3 T lemon juice
1 1/2 T Dijon mustard
1/2 t dried dill

optional:
ground black pepper
green onions

1.  Cook the pasta until at dente, rinse, and drain well.  While the pasta is cooking, microwave or steam the asparagus for 3 minutes and either grill or broil the salmon.  (My hints:  I cut the asparagus up into bite sized pieces, put it in a microwave safe container with a couple tablespoons of water, put on a lid and vent the corner and microwave for 3 minutes.  The Salmon, I put into a tin-foil "box" that I make by folding up the edges of the foil.  I put a couple pats of butter, some garlic salt, & some onion powder on top and then grill outside so my house doesn't smell like fish.  When it's done, I flake it with a fork.)

2.  Combine the cooked pasta, asparagus, salmon flakes and green onions if desired, in a large serving bowl; toss to mix.

3.  Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Pour over the pasta salad and toss.  Add back pepper to taste.

4.  Serve right away, or it may be chilled and served cold as well.  (I like it warm better, but it's yummy both ways!)

No comments: